Over 175 Presentation and Hands-On Lab Hours
Wednesday through Friday, October 15-17, 2014
Over 175 one- and two-hour presentations that described and/or demonstrated successful applications of assistive technology for persons with disabilities were held during the three days of the conference. Below are the presentations that were offered.
- Download the Conference Quick Reference Grid
- Download the 2014 Conference Brochure (includes presentation descriptions) - 36 pages
Sorry, no matches were found.
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
- accessible instructional material
- augmentative communication
- cognitive development
- curriculum development / modifications
- differentiated instruction
- early childhood development
- employment / job accommodation / job training
- environmental control
- IEP / IPP
- inclusion / cooperative learning
- keyboard alternatives
- learning styles
- professional development
- response to intervention
- seating / positioning / mobility
- technology integration
- universal design for learning
- Web 2.0
What participants have said
Having learned so much, I now have the confidence to implement strategies that I would have been hesitant to try before.
~ SPED Teacher Specialist
The conference was life changing - a total game changer!
Closing the Gap continues to be the best conference by far in the area of assistive technology for education! The opportunities for learning, the double sessions, the practical nature of many of the sessions, and the quality and scope of the preconference sessions are, all, outstanding.
~ Special Educator/Augmentative Communication Specialist and Presenter