Over 175 Presentation and Hands-On Lab Hours
Wednesday through Friday, October 15-17, 2014
Over 175 one- and two-hour presentations that described and/or demonstrated successful applications of assistive technology for persons with disabilities were held during the three days of the conference. Below are the presentations that were offered.
- Download the Conference Quick Reference Grid
- Download the 2014 Conference Brochure (includes presentation descriptions) - 36 pages
Displaying 1 through 1
Accessing the POWER of Switch Activities for Students with High Sensory Needs
- accessible instructional material
- augmentative communication
- cognitive development
- curriculum development / modifications
- differentiated instruction
- early childhood development
- employment / job accommodation / job training
- environmental control
- IEP / IPP
- inclusion / cooperative learning
- keyboard alternatives
- learning styles
- professional development
- response to intervention
- seating / positioning / mobility
- technology integration
- universal design for learning
- Web 2.0
What participants have said
I feel recharged and clear in my next steps for clinical practice.
Closing the Gap continues to be the best conference by far in the area of assistive technology for education! The opportunities for learning, the double sessions, the practical nature of many of the sessions, and the quality and scope of the preconference sessions are, all, outstanding.
~ Special Educator/Augmentative Communication Specialist and Presenter
I attended Closing The Gap to find some very specific answers for the students that I work with - I found my answers, and more!