Over 175 Presentation and Hands-On Lab Hours
Wednesday through Friday, October 15-17, 2014
Over 175 presentation and hands-on lab hours that describe and/or demonstrate successful applications of assistive technology for persons with disabilities will be held during the three days of the conference.
- Download the Conference Quick Reference Grid
- Download the 2014 Conference Brochure (includes presentation descriptions) - 36 pages
Displaying 1 through 2
Somewhere Lost in the Middle: Serving Students Who Struggle with Executive Skills, Processing, Working Memory and Retention
Sorting Through Note-Taking Software and Apps
- accessible instructional material
- augmentative communication
- cognitive development
- curriculum development / modifications
- differentiated instruction
- early childhood development
- employment / job accommodation / job training
- environmental control
- IEP / IPP
- inclusion / cooperative learning
- keyboard alternatives
- learning styles
- professional development
- response to intervention
- seating / positioning / mobility
- technology integration
- universal design for learning
- Web 2.0
What participants have said
I feel recharged and clear in my next steps for clinical practice.
Closing the Gap continues to be the best conference by far in the area of assistive technology for education! The opportunities for learning, the double sessions, the practical nature of many of the sessions, and the quality and scope of the preconference sessions are, all, outstanding.
~ Special Educator/Augmentative Communication Specialist and Presenter
The conference was life changing - a total game changer!