Over 175 Presentation and Hands-On Lab Hours
Wednesday through Friday, October 15-17, 2014
Over 175 one- and two-hour presentations that described and/or demonstrated successful applications of assistive technology for persons with disabilities were held during the three days of the conference. Below are the presentations that were offered.
- Download the Conference Quick Reference Grid
- Download the 2014 Conference Brochure (includes presentation descriptions) - 36 pages
Displaying 1 through 2
Somewhere Lost in the Middle: Serving Students Who Struggle with Executive Skills, Processing, Working Memory and Retention
Sorting Through Note-Taking Software and Apps
- accessible instructional material
- augmentative communication
- cognitive development
- curriculum development / modifications
- differentiated instruction
- early childhood development
- employment / job accommodation / job training
- environmental control
- IEP / IPP
- inclusion / cooperative learning
- keyboard alternatives
- learning styles
- professional development
- response to intervention
- seating / positioning / mobility
- technology integration
- universal design for learning
- Web 2.0
What participants have said
The knowledge and skills I gained from Closing The Gap will directly affect my acquisition of new materials, my preparation of training sessions and my consultation on specific cases.
~ AT Coordinator
Having learned so much, I now have the confidence to implement strategies that I would have been hesitant to try before.
~ SPED Teacher Specialist
The conference reinforced my drive and passion to provide the best services to my students and other educators. I returned to work full of new ideas, energy and motivation!