Motivation is the theme of this workshop! Walk away with a collection of new practical tools that you can use in your classroom or in therapy. This make-and-take workshop will address art, writing, and communication opportunities for all students, including students who have severe and multiple disabilities. We will explore new ideas for infusing creative activities within curriculum and/or therapy activities. Adapted art tools for students will be demonstrated with light tech materials as well as creative applications with Apps! In the make-and-take portion of this workshops participants will make a collection of tools for communication, art and writing. This will be a fun and engaging hands-on experience that provides participants with fresh ideas to enhance the classroom or therapy or group activity experiences for all abilities and ages. There is a $20 materials fee in addition to the $295 cost of the workshop.
Date and Time:
- September 30, 2019
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
As a result of this workshop,
1. Participants will be able to describe at least 3 different methods of access for communication, and/or learning..
2. Participants will be able to describe at least 3 advantages of why art can be a powerful tool for communication and writing
3. Participants will be able to explain at least 3 different projects and activities using tools in technology for art and written communication.
4. Participant will develop a plan to incorporate communication , literacy and creative activities into the curriculum.
5. Participants will create their own adapted tool kit for creative art activities using the materials supplied.
Pati King DeBaun, M.S., CCC-SLP, Speech Language Pathologist, Consultant, Creative Communicating, Park City, UT.
There is a $20 materials fee in addition to the $295 cost of the workshop.